flowers-faded5

75th-logo
 
usa-today-small-2
 
official-best-of
 
state-treasure2
 
bri-bagwell-button7
tequileria-flower2
chil-club-flower2
reservations-flower2
book-event-flower2

 

building-header

The La Posta Compound, originally dating back to the 1840's, is on the National Register of Historic Buildings. The building is Territorial Style with a zaguan leading into a patio now used as a lobby for the restaurant and displays tropical plants, birds and fish for all to see.

Constructed primarily of adobe bricks, the north and west sides of the building have doors and windows retaining the Greek revival pediments so typical of Territorial style. The west wall still retains the parapet topped by a broad space where the Corn Exchange Hotel sign once was proudly displayed in the 1870's!

If These Walls Could Talk...

Back in the 1840's the La Posta Compound was a group of closely located adobe buildings that became connected over time. In fact, both our Lobby and Lava Room, which are enclosed today, were once open-air areas that connected these buildings. Select the images below to find brief descriptions of our Lobby and dining rooms with a little glimpse as to how they existed in years past.

 

fountain1

Historic Fountain Theatre

 

thumb lava-room

Lava Room

thumb Patio-6x4

Pecan Tree Courtyard

New-Cantina-thumb

Adobe Cantina y Tequileria

thumb Kiva Room

Woodshop

Blue-Room-thumb

Katy's Blue Room

Fiesta-Room-thumb

Fiesta Room

banquet-thumb

The Banquet Room

cantina-thumb

Corn Exchange Cantina

thumb sun-room

Sun Room

thumb winery

The Winery

thumb school-room

School Room

thumb Guadalupe Room 6x4

Guadalupe Room

thumb blacksmith

Blacksmith Room

lobby-thumb

La Posta's Famous Lobby

boots

Boots